Trinity College Senate
As governed by the College Statutes, the Senate is concerned with the establishment of academic policy, subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees with respect to the allocation of funds. The Senate determines policy in regard to the requirements for the degrees of Trinity College and for diplomas, licentiates, and honorary degrees and honorary fellows. It establishes, alters or eliminates academic programs of the college. It recommends the appointment of Associates and of Fellows who are not so appointed by virtue of being full-time members of the academic staff of the College. It appoints junior fellows, determines policy for junior fellowships, scholarships, prizes, exhibitions, bursaries, and student loans. It determines policy and standards for admission of students.
The Senate recommends policies and procedures to the Board of Trustees and deals with any matter referred to it by Corporation.
Materials for October 21, 2013 Meeting of Senate:
- Minutes, Sept. 16, 2013 (subject to approval)
- Revisions to the Bronskill Prize
- New Immunology Courses (IMM340 & IMM341)
- New Immunology Courses (IMM350 & IMM351)
- Modifications to the Immunology Programs
- New IR Course (TRN250)
- Modifications to the IR Programs
- New Trinity One Stream: The Science of Health
- New Trinity One Stream: The Social Impact of Health Science
- Trinity Comprehensive Paper
- Academic Appointments in Divinity, 2013-2014
- Trinity College First-Year Seminars for 2014-2015