Trinity College Senate
http://www.trinity.utoronto.ca/trincms/ckeditor/ckfinder/userfiles/files/hr/Senate/AgendaUpdate.pdfAs governed by the College Statutes, the Senate is concerned with the establishment of academic policy, subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees with respect to the allocation of funds. The Senate determines policy in regard to the requirements for the degrees of Trinity College and for diplomas, licentiates, and honorary degrees and honorary fellows. It establishes, alters or eliminates academic programs of the college. It recommends the appointment of Associates and of Fellows who are not so appointed by virtue of being full-time members of the academic staff of the College. It appoints junior fellows, determines policy for junior fellowships, scholarships, prizes, exhibitions, bursaries, and student loans. It determines policy and standards for admission of students.
The Senate recommends policies and procedures to the Board of Trustees and deals with any matter referred to it by Corporation.
Materials for October 17, 2016 Meeting of Senate:
- Agenda (Revised Oct 17, 2016)
- Minutes, September 12, 2016
Amendments to the Regulations for the Faculty of Divinity and to the
Regulations concering Diplomas, Licentiate and Degrees
- Annual Report of the Library Media and Academic Computing Committee, 2015-2016
- Annual Report of the Student Awards Committee, 2015-2016
- Recommendation from the Arts & Science Committee - HHS (a) - Available from Senate Secretary
- Recommendations from the Arts & Science Committee - ESL (b) & (c) - Available from Senate Secretary