Trinity College Senate
As governed by the College Statutes, the Senate is concerned with the establishment of academic policy, subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees with respect to the allocation of funds. The Senate determines policy in regard to the requirements for the degrees of Trinity College and for diplomas, licentiates, and honorary degrees and honorary fellows. It establishes, alters or eliminates academic programs of the college. It recommends the appointment of Associates and of Fellows who are not so appointed by virtue of being full-time members of the academic staff of the College. It appoints junior fellows, determines policy for junior fellowships, scholarships, prizes, exhibitions, bursaries, and student loans. It determines policy and standards for admission of students.
The Senate recommends policies and procedures to the Board of Trustees and deals with any matter referred to it by Corporation.
Materials for September 12, 2016 Meeting of Senate:
- Agenda (Updated Sept 12)
- Minutes, April 11, 2016 (For approval)
- Report of the Nominations Committee (Updated Sept 12)
- Report of the Council of the Faculty of Divinity, 2015-2016
- Report of the Arts and Science Committee, 2015-2016
- Report of the Academic Appointments Committee, 2015-2016
- Trinity College's Academic Program in Arts & Science 2016-2017