Accessing the collections
Everyone is welcome to use our materials within the library. Those with one of the following library cards may borrow materials:
- U of T students, staff and faculty with a valid TCard or library card
- Trinity extramural borrowing card (Trinity and Wycliffe alumni, Anglican Church of Canada clergy are eligible. See How can I get a library card? or the Guide to Library Services for Divinity Alumni/ae for more details)
The Graham Library is part of the U of T Libraries system. All of our holdings can be searched online using the U of T Libraries Catalogue page.
Searching U of T Libraries Catalogue for Graham Library holdings
- Go to the U of T Libraries Catalogue.
- Select the catalogue tab.
- Enter your search terms and click search.
- Results will show the holdings for all U of T Libraries. Look on the left-hand side of this screen at the column Refine results. At the top of this column is a breakdown by individual library that have holdings related to your search.
- Select Trinity College (Graham Library) to see items located here.
Some older items are located in on-site storage, which will be noted in the catalogue. See example record.
To request a storage item, bring the call number and title information to the circulation desk, and it can usually be retrieved for you right away during regular library opening hours.
All rare books and special collections material is non-circulating and can be viewed between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
Most requests can be accommodated if submitted before 4:30 pm but not guaranteed. To ensure material will be available for to view contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-978-5851 to make advanced arrangements. Please provide the call number and title of the item you wish to view. See example rare books record in the U of T catalogue.
Everyone submitting a request to view rare or special materials must provide identification in the form of the following:
- Library card from another educational institute
- Driver's license or other photo identification
- When viewing rare books or special collections material, you may use a soft pencil or laptop in the reading room. Pens, water bottles, jackets, bags are not permitted and will be stored in the library office.
- No photocopying of materials.
- Photography may be permitted pending approval from library staff.