The Margaret MacMillan Trinity One Program
New This Year - Trinity One Streams in Science!
We are pleased to announce that the Trinity One Program now offers two streams in Science. Read more about them by clicking on the links below.
BIG Ideas .... Small Classes
The Margaret MacMillan Trinity One program at Trinity College in the University of Toronto provides first-year students with the opportunity to explore major issues and ideas pertaining to human life and world affairs, while in a small-group environment conducive to deep discussion and interaction.
- Trinity One has five streams: Public Policy, Ethics, International Relations, The Science of Health and Health Science and Society. Students enrol in one of these five streams.
- Each stream consists of two seminar credits and requires that students take a third, co-requisite credit.
- For Public Policy, Ethics and International Relations streams the two seminar credits and co-requisite are all taken concurrently in first year.
- For Science of Health and Health Science and Society, one seminar credit and the co-requisite are taken concurrently in first year, and the second seminar credit is taken in second year. This gives students in life science the option to take math, chemistry, biology and physics in first year while taking part in Trinity One.
- The seminar courses are limited to 25 students each. They foster small-group discussion and emphasize the development of critical-thinking, oral-presentation, writing, and research skills.
The Advantages of Trinity One:
- Trinity One includes co-curricular events that draw upon the rich resources of the University of Toronto's School of Public Policy and Governance, Centre for Ethics, Munk School of Global Affairs, Faculty of Medicine and University of Toronto affiliated hosptials. These events enable students in all Trinity One streams to hear guest speakers and to engage in informal conversation with one another and with their professors.
- Trinity One is connected to a diverse and engaging undergraduate college community.
- Trinity One's interdisciplinary focus provides a firm grounding in, and connections to, a number of undergraduate programs.
- Trinity One has a strong track record of producing alumni that go on to excel in both their academic and co-curricular pursuits.
- Trinity One provides an academically rigorous preparation for the rest of your undergraduate career and is excellent early foundation for future graduate work.