The Margaret MacMillan Trinity One Program
Anne Steacy makes $1.5 million gift
Anne Steacy '76, writer, artist and former science writer for Maclean's, has donated $1.5 million dollars to Trinity College to establish two new science streams in the Margaret MacMillan Trinity One Program and a writing program for science students. Continue reading...
BIG Ideas .... Small Classes
The Margaret MacMillan Trinity One program at Trinity College in the University of Toronto provides first-year students with the opportunity to explore major issues and ideas pertaining to human life and world affairs, while in a small-group environment conducive to deep discussion and interaction.
- Trinity One has five streams: Public Policy, Ethics, International Relations, the Anne Steacy Biomedical Health Stream and the Anne Steacy Health Science and Society Stream. Students enrol in one of these five streams.
- Each stream consists of two seminar credits.
- For Public Policy, Ethics and International Relations streams the two seminar credits are both taken concurrently in first year.
- For the Anne Steacy Biomedical Health and the Anne Steacy Health Science and Society Stream, one seminar credit is taken in first year, and the second seminar credit is taken in second year. This gives students in life science the option to take math, chemistry, biology and physics in first year while taking part in Trinity One.
- The seminar courses are limited to 25 students each. They foster small-group discussion and emphasize the development of critical-thinking, oral-presentation, writing, and research skills.
The Advantages of Trinity One:
- Trinity One includes co-curricular events that draw upon the rich resources of the University of Toronto's School of Public Policy and Governance, Centre for Ethics, Munk School of Global Affairs, Faculty of Medicine and University of Toronto affiliated hosptials. These events enable students in all Trinity One streams to hear guest speakers and to engage in informal conversation with one another and with their professors.
- Trinity One is connected to a diverse and engaging undergraduate college community.
- Trinity One's interdisciplinary focus provides a firm grounding in, and connections to, a number of undergraduate programs.
- Trinity One has a strong track record of producing alumni that go on to excel in both their academic and co-curricular pursuits.
- Trinity One provides an academically rigorous preparation for the rest of your undergraduate career and is excellent early foundation for future graduate work.