Trinity One News & Events
Trinity One co-curricular events enable students in all Trinity One streams to meet guest speakers and to engage in informal, but high-level conversation with one another, their professors and guest experts. The events draw upon the rich resources of the University of Toronto's School of Public Policy and Governance, Centre for Ethics, Munk School of Global Affairs, and the Faculty of Medicine and University of Toronto Affiliated Hospitals.
The events are usually held over lunch on Tuesday between 12 noon and 1:30 pm at Trinity. Students are encouraged to keep this time-slot open. We are always looking for interesting speakers. If you have ideas for speakers or would like to give a Trinity One talk, please contact program director Prof. Michael Kessler firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinity One students debated Canada's right-to-die legislation
- Prof. Joe Wong presented his recent research on "Reaching the Hard to Reach"
- Human Rights lawyer Philippe Sands joined us for a fireside chat on genocide.
- Iceland's First Lady Eliza Reid joined us for a fireside chat.
- Dr. David Langlois of the Centre for Clinical Ethics gave a lunch talk on difficult real-life hospital cases.
- Prof. Mark Kingwell gave a lunch talk on the politics of civility.
- Check out some pictures from our welcome lunch.
Some of our past speakers
IN THE NEWS:
- Read how Trinity One helped this Alumna, in winning the U of T Libraries Undergraduate Research Prize.
- Trinity One International Relation Stream alumni Angela Hou (2015), Claudia Dessanti (2012), Emily Tsui (2012) and Monica Layarda (2013) awarded the 2017 U of T Libraries Undergraduate Research Prize for exceptional student research.
- Trinity One Alumna announced as 2017-18 C4E Undergraduate Fellow.
- From Classroom to Parliament Hill: Trinity One Women Shadow MPs
- Congratulations to Trinity One in-course award recipients.
- Trinity One's 2015 Cressy Winners
- Trinity One Program celebrates its 10th anniversary
- Anne Steacy's $1.5 million commitment to science at Trinity
- Prof. Michael Kessler has been appointed the Pryke Chair of the Margaret MacMillan Trinity-One Program
- Dr. Peter Singer speaks with Trinity-One Stream Mentor Khouroush Houshmand
- Trinity One stream mentor Sarah Harrison interviews The Hon. Bob Rae
FROM THE BLOG:
- NEW - Inside Trinity One's International Relations Stream
- NEW - Inside Trinity One's Biomedical Health Stream
- NEW - Inside Trinity One's Ethics Stream
- Inside Trinity One's International Relations Stream
- Inside Trinity One's Health, Science, and Society Stream
- Inside Trinity One's Public Policy Stream