Residence Buildings at Trinity
Admission to Residence
First Year Students- University of Toronto First Year Housing Guarantee
Upper Year Students
- Single rooms are available to a majority of students.
- Senior students are guaranteed single rooms.
- Each room is equipped with a phone. Click here to find out more about the residence phone system.
- All of our residence rooms are completely wired for high speed internet connection (ResNet).
- Rooms contain a bed, chest of drawers, mirror, desk and chair, bookcase, and easy chair. Residents must bring their own towels and linen.
- We cannot accommodate furniture from home and any specific requests must be approved by the Office of the Dean of Students
- Rooms are cleaned weekly.
- All students in residence must participate in a meal plan. Students have the choice of 310 meals per year or 400 meals per year.
- Food service is available in two dining halls: Melinda Seaman (St. Hilda's) and Strachan Hall (Trinity). Both offer the same menu, which includes vegetarian and halal options.
- Meals are "all you can eat"; both dining halls have self-serve salad bars;fresh fruit is available at every meal.
- Bagged meals are available if class or work prevents you from going to the dining halls during meal hours, though dining hall hours are designed to meet most students' schedules.
- The College makes every effort to accommodate special dietary needs, but may not be able to respond to all needs. If you have dietary restrictions, you must contact the Office of the Dean of Students prior to making a decision about living in residence as we are not able to accommodate all dietary needs.
- Residents can purchase additional meals for cash at the entrance to the dining halls, or supplementary meal plans and FLEX dollars at the Bursar's Office.
- Click here for more information on food services.
- The dining halls also serve commuting students. Every full-time Trinity student who does not live in residence is entitled to 15 free meals
- Commuting students may purchase individual meals for cash at the entrance to the dining halls, or supplementary meal plans and FLEX dollars at the Bursar's Office.
- Click Non-Res meals for more information on food services for commuting students.
- Computing facilities with access to internet are available in the St. Hilda's residence.
- Tennis courts and a playing field are part of the college campus.
- Laundry facilities are available, on a pay-per-use basis, in both residences. Laundry Alert, a service that allows users to check machine availability on-line, is now available. Please visit www.laundryalert.com for more information.
- There are student lounges in each of the residences.
- Vending machines are located in each of the residences.