New Chancellor William C. Graham Awards to Recognize Positive Change-Makers from the Trinity College Community
Trinity College is pleased to announce the new Chancellor William C. Graham Awards in honour of Chancellor Graham’s immeasurable contributions to the Trinity community.
“Chancellor Bill Graham exemplifies the enduring values of our founder, Bishop Strachan. In everything he does, he makes the Trinity community better. He is extraordinarily generous in every way and a true inspiration to all of us at Trinity and beyond,” Provost Mayo Moran said.
“I am thrilled to announce the new Chancellor William C. Graham Awards to honour his legacy by recognizing Trinity students, staff, faculty and alumni who help make the College a more welcoming and positive place,” Provost Moran said. “The new awards allow the College to recognize those who lead by positive example and inspire others.”
Since 2007, The Hon. Bill Graham has been serving as Trinity’s 12th Chancellor, the highest-ranking volunteer officer of the College. “I am truly honoured and humbled that the College has named this award in my name,” Chancellor Graham said. “I encourage all members of our community to support the College in whatever way you can to make Trinity and the broader community a more inspiring, civil and caring place.”
The Chancellor William C. Graham Awards will be given annually to individuals in the four categories: current students; administrative and service staff; academic staff; and alumni.
Nominations for the 2019 Chancellor William C. Graham Awards are now open and will close on Friday, May 31. Recipients of the inaugural Chancellor William C. Graham Awards will be announced in August, followed by a reception at the College in September.
Details of the award and nomination process are below. If you have any questions, and to submit a completed nomination form (available below), please email email@example.com.
The Chancellor William C. Graham Awards
The Chancellor William C. Graham Awards recognize individuals who have made a significant impact on the Trinity Community. Awards are given annually in each of the following categories:
- Current Students
- Administrative and Service Staff
- Academic Staff, Faculty, Librarians, Fellows, Associates and Teaching Staff
Recipients will be selected based on a demonstrated commitment to improving the spirit of caring and fostering a positive environment in the Trinity community. The Provost will chair the selection committee, which includes members from across the College. Examples of areas where contributions might be made: volunteer activities, mentorship, student life, student organizations, student services, staff services, innovative teaching or program development, athletics. Recipients will be dedicated members of the community who have made a positive difference through their commitment, generosity, initiative, creativity or skill. These awards are intended to recognize community contributions that go beyond the responsibilities and expectations of the individual’s role.
- Individuals may be nominated by anyone in the Trinity College community.
- The nomination may be made for recent contributions (within the last 12 months) or based on service over a longer term.
- The nominator must download and complete the Chancellor William C. Graham Awards Nomination Form.
- The nominator must write a nomination letter detailing the individual’s suitability for this award and obtain one additional letter from another community member to support the nomination.
- The nominator must submit the nomination package (form and two letters) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by the posted deadline (Friday, May 31, 2019).