Congratulations to Trinity's 2018 Cressy Student Leadership Award Winners
2018 Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Awards recognize graduating students for their outstanding contributions to the community!
Congratulations to Trinity's 2018 Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Award recipients! The annual Cressy Awards honour the incredible contributions made by graduating students to improve the world around them. Though a small college, each year Trinity's students receive a high number of Cressy Awards, highlighting the important community leadership roles they play both within the College and at the University of Toronto. This year is no exception. Trinity led the way, with an incredible 23 Cressy Award winners in 2018.
Congratulations to our winners and to the many outstanding community leaders who were not recognized with this award.
Trinity College Students
- Nishani Chankar: Trinity One alum
- Amanda Choi
- Andrea Dimiskovska: Trinity One alum
- Hélène Emorine: Trinity One alum
- Katrina Fettes
- Arjun Gandhi: Trinity One alum
- Katie Harris
- Amanda Harvey-Sánchez
- Sean Sung Jin Ihn
- Waleed Khan
- Andreas Kyriakos: Trinity One alum
- Magi Jury Leung: Trinity One alum
- Rachel Levitt: Trinity One alum
- Kevin Liu
- Leila Martin
- Sarah Millman
- Mitchell Mittelstaedt
- Rebecca Ng
- Shubhi Sahni
- Venessa Nevena Sectakof: Trinity One alum
- Priyanka Sharma
- Syndi Li Walton
- Wendy Wang: Trinity One alum
Trinity Program Students
- Melisa Gumus (University College): Trinity One Program alum
- Jeremy Hernandez-Lum Tong (St. Michael's College): Ethics, Society and Law
- Wazaira Khan (New College): Immunology
- Taeeun (Sonya) Kim (Victoria College): Immunology
- Teodora Pasca (Innis College): Ethics, Society and Law
- Utkarshna Sinha (St. Michael's College): Immunology
- Ashley Westover (New College): Immunology
The 2018 Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Award recipients will be honoured at a ceremony on Tuesday, April 17 at 5:30 pm in Convocation Hall. View the list (PDF) of all 2018 Cressy Award winners.
The Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Awards were established in 1994 by the University of Toronto Alumni Association (UTAA) and the Division of University Advancement in order to recognize students who have made outstanding extra-curricular contributions to their college, faculty or school, or to the university as a whole. In naming the awards after Gordon Cressy, former vice-president of development and university relations, the UTAA recognized his commitment to higher education and his leadership in fundraising and community service. The qualities of leadership and dedication demonstrated by Mr. Cressy during his six years with the university are also embodied in the efforts of students chosen to receive this award – students who are committed to be “making a difference.”
If you are a Trinity program student who received a Cressy Award, please let us know: email firstname.lastname@example.org.