Trinity in the News
Below you will find links to various articles featuring members of the Trinity College community.
2020 MEDIA CLIPS
January 2020 (as of January 16)
2019 MEDIA CLIPS
2018 MEDIA CLIPS
2017 MEDIA CLIPS
January to December
- NY Times: Fellow Prof. Mark Kingwell writes: How to Throw a Baseball
- Ricochet: ES&L grad Anthony Morgan writes: The next frontier of racial justice advocacy
- U of T News: Trinity’s Director, Ethics, Society & Law program Prof. John Duncan on (Re)conciling: how universities can address Canada’s colonial legacy
- Globe & Mail: Alum Michael Ignatieff (rector of Central European University) appeals to Canada, Europe to save university in Hungary; also Maclean’s
- Toronto Star: Profile on alum& Michael Chong, Tory leadership candidate: Canada’s polite conservative
- CBC TV: Episode 1 of CBC’s new series Canada: The Story of Us features interviews with Trinity alum Jim Balsillie, Fellow Prof. Robert Bothwell, alum Adrienne Clarkson and Associate Prof. John English
- U of T News: Co-founders of ROSS Intelligence alum Jimoh Ovbiagele and Andrew Arruda return to Toronto to open new research headquarters
- Cyprus Mail: Associate Prof. John Robinson on How do we make our cities more climate friendly and sustainable?
- Toronto Star: Op-ed by Divinity student Michael Coren: Pathetic history of clergy confusing forgiveness with innocence
- National Post: Canadian scientists, led by Fellow Eleanor Fish, discover hepatitis drug slashes Ebola death rate in possible breakthrough; also U of T Medicine Interferon Drug Shows Promise in Treating Ebola
- Toronto Star: Honorary Fellow John Polanyi on U.S. first strike advantage heightens risk of nuclear war
- BNN (video): IR Director, Fellow Prof. John Kirton talks about G20 Ministers yielding to US on trade agenda; also Bloomberg TV Canada (video)
- Torontoist: Alum Ted Rogers (Class of 1957) | Historicist: Ted Rogers, Communist?
- CBC News: Divinity student Michael Coren writes: Boycott of Beauty and the Beast might seem like a joke, but the bigotry underlying it is real; also Will Conservative leadership candidates cut ties with Rebel Media after Gavin McInnes’ anti-Semitic rant?
- U of T News: Alum Tina Park on South Korean president’s removal has broader implications for the world
- LinkedIn: Alum Nadia Zaman writes about the Potentially Dramatic Changes to Employment Legislation
- Work x Work on Air (audio): Alum Anita Li leads a conversation that shines a light on the ways we approach covering underrepresented communities | SiriusXM Progress Presents episode on Millennial Issues | Globe and Mail 360 video Toronto Light Festival
- Vice Money: Alum Vanmala Subramaniam takes a look at 10 popular North American cities and finds out what kind of home can you buy for $1 million?
- CBC News: Fellow Prof. Laurence Booth weighs in: TD teller says customers pay price for ‘unrealistic’ sales targets
- TVO Agenda (video): Alum Prof. Randy Boyagoda discusses why some of the classics of dystopian fiction have made their way back onto the best-seller lists
- U of T News: Instructor Fellow Prof. Robert Bothwell and Fellow Prof. Melissa Williams share insights on Trump’s speech to Congress
- FAS News: Interview with alum Michael Ignatieff on human rights & political participation | also Disrupting the Global Order: podcast on “ordinary virtues”
2016 MEDIA CLIPS
January to December
- G8 Blog: Interim Director, IR Program Fellow Prof. John Kirton on The Hangzhou Summit’s First Small Step to Control Climate Change
- Alum Tina Park on the defection of North Korea’s second highest-ranking diplomat for U of T News and CTV News
- CBC News: Fellow Emeritus Prof. Peter Russell on Churchill’s summit with Roosevelt that shaped history
- Toronto Star: Fellow Prof. Deirdre Baker shares the latest books for young readers
- Maclean’s: Alum Michael Chong’s unusual path to Tory contender: Chong on family, race, governance—and a bid to lead the Conservatives
- U of T News: Led by Provost Mayo Moran, the U of T expert panel on sexual violence recommends one set of procedures for all members of U of T community
- CTV News Channel: Fellow Prof. Aurel Braun talks about the first meeting of the Turkish President with Putin since the failed coup
- National Post: Redefining masculinity in Canadian literature: Men can still be knuckleheads, but don’t have to be Neanderthals. Fellow Prof. Nick Mount weighs in.
- The Varsity: Student Avneet Sharma on Embracing division: When it comes to orientations across campus, rivalry is not necessarily a bad thing
- Globe & Mail: Alum John Allemang writes about the late Prof. Elaine Fantham, Honorary Fellow of Trinity: Elaine Fantham: Scholar was a ‘rock star’ of the classics world
- U of T News: Part of the Munk School’ Reaching the Hard to Reach project, Trinity students Kourosh Houshmand, Stephanie Lim & Anthony Marchese and recent grads Kimberly Skead & Aditya Rau are back from South Africa with insights on how to reach the poorest of the poor
- NATO Association: U of T Women in House, co-founded by Trinity alum Tina Park, empowers young women on the Hill
- Globe & Mail: Fellow Emeritus Prof. Peter Russell weighs in on Trudeau under fire for denying MPs a role in picking Supreme Court judges