Rooms for Non-Resident Students
Please note that our non-resident rooms are currently closed, until further notice. The information below applies to non-resident rooms when they are in operation. We may be able to open non-resident rooms and begin accepting bookings again later in the year, depending on public health guidance.
Non-resident Arts and Science students who wish to book an overnight stay in the Trinity residences may reserve one of two rooms that are available for this purpose (one in the main Trinity building at 6 Hoskin Avenue, and one in the St. Hilda’s building at 44 Devonshire Place). We have limited spaces available for non-resident students to spend nights at the College, and strive to keep our reservation system as fair and equitable as possible. As a result, bookings of the non-resident rooms are subject to the following conditions:
- Rooms can be booked up to one week in advance.
- Rooms can be booked in advance either in person or by emailing the Welcome Desk at email@example.com. Emails must include the student’s name and student number and be sent from a U of T email address.
- Rooms can be booked in advance for a maximum of two nights in a row. If you wish to extend your stay, you may visit the Welcome Desk to determine availability of the room for one additional night at a time.
- Bookings may only be made by non-resident Trinity College students, and may not be made on behalf of another person (the room must be used by the same person who made the booking).
- Check-in for your room is any time after 4:00pm on the first day of your booking. If you have not checked in by 9:30pm, and have not made prior arrangements for a late check-in with the Welcome Desk, you will be considered a no-show and the room may be rented to another student.
- Keys must be picked up in person, with TCard or other photo ID, by the student who has made the booking.
- Keys are for your personal use only and allowing others to use them to access the room may result in being restricted from making further bookings, as well as other penalties under the code of conduct.
- Check-out is by 11:00am after the last night of your booking.
- Rooms are charged at a rate of $25 per night. No-shows who have not notified the Welcome Desk in advance that they are cancelling their booking will still be charged the full cost of the room for the night. Fees will be applied to your ACORN account.
- Students who are no-shows for two bookings or more may be restricted from making further bookings.