Carrels for Graduate Students
About the assigned carrels
Assigned carrels are available to graduate students of Trinity College or Wycliffe College. Students in the dissertation phase of their studies will be given preference followed by students the MA and Th.M. programs.
- Graham Library has ten carrels with ten associated lockers located on the lower level.
- There are four carrels available without associated lockers.
- Library staff will assign carrels on a yearly basis from September 1 to August 16.
- Students may renew twice for a maximum of three years of use.
The purpose of the assigned carrels and lockers is to:
- Provide a quiet working space and locker storage for materials related to your study
- Offer a Graham Library Carrel Card that provides a special extended loan period for Graham Library materials (see conditions of this loan period below).
- You must be a graduate student of Trinity College or Wycliffe College enrolled in any of the Ph.D, D.Min., Th.M, or MA programs for the period you require the carrel.
- You must have a valid TCard
Applying for a Carrel
Applications are due August 1, and applicants will be notified of the decision within two weeks of the closing date.
Carrel and locker use conditions
Graham Library Carrel Card
- Graham Library will create a separate Graham Library Carrel Card to sign out materials that you may keep for the duration of your carrel assignment in your locker as long as no other patrons require them.
- Materials signed out on the Graham Library Carrel Card may not be taken outside of the library.
- Graham Library staff may need to remove books signed out to a Graham Library Carrel Card from an assigned locker if they are required by another patron. Staff will notify you by email if the have retrieved material from your locker.
- When you are not using your assigned carrel, any other library user may use it.
- Carrel hours are the same as library hours.
- You may only store items in your locker and not in the carrel. Anything left in any carrel will be removed nightly by library staff.
- You may not store materials from Graham Library that you have not signed out in your locker.
- The Graham Library is not responsible for the loss of, or damage to personal belongings left in a carrel or locker.
- A carrel is for the purpose of quiet study and not to be used as an office or location for meetings.