Frequently Asked Questions

Can I find my own partnership/placement?

Yes, some of our interns have found their own placement but keep in mind that your placement must meet certain criteria. Consult with Trinity’s Office of the Dean of Arts ( if this may apply to you.

Is accommodation provided?

In some instances, our partner institutions have provided accommodation or they are willing to assist you in locating short term rentals, but in many cases you will have to find your own accommodation.

What kind of visa do I need?

We recommend our interns contact the local consulate of the country they will be visiting to determine what type of visa they may require. You can search for them here: In some locations, a visitor visa rather than a student visa is the best approach.

Who can write my reference letter?

Your reference letter should be written by your undergraduate supervisor/Professor. You only need to have one letter of reference in support of your application. Your reference letter is due at the same time as your application.

How do you consider someone to be a top candidate for the scholarship?

A combination of strong grades, relevance of program of study and related interests or experiences to the goals of the program, expression of interest in the cover letter and quality of reference.