Dining at Trinity
Since 2015, Trinity College has been transforming the food offerings with a commitment to sustainable and healthy food: locally sourced foods and produce, wholesome ingredients and vegan or made without gluten options. In May 2016, Trinity received a Fair Trade Campus designation, which recognizes universities and colleges that have shown a strong commitment to Fair Trade principles and to offering Fair Trade products.
In Strachan, Trinity's main dining hall, the menu consists of foods that are made from scratch and include healthy proteins such as fish and whole grains. Every day Trinity offers a fresh and varied salad bar with homemade dressings, cheeses, and creative vegetarian, vegan and made without gluten options. Fresh whole or cut fruits are always available at all meals.
Trinity College's dining facilites are not allergen-free facilities or kosher facilities. Trinity College may be able to accommodate students with food allergies depending on the type of allergy a student or visitor has and the severity of that allergy. If you have questions about your dietary accommodation needs, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at email@example.com or 416-978-3612.
Strachan Hall is one of the College's main student hubs. From September to April, the servery in Strachan Hall is open all day, from breakfast through dinner, with a full meal service taking place at designated meal times. Between meals, students can access the servery for self-serve lunches, snacks and salad bar options. Also available anytime are whole or cut fruits, desserts, smoothie station, infused water station and assorted beverages. The Strachan Hall dining hall is currenlty able to accomodate students and visitors who require a vegetarian or vegan diet, halal diet and made without gluten diet.
Monday to Friday
- Breakfast: 7:30 am to 9:30 am
- Lunch: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Dinner: 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm (Wednesday High Table: 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm)
Saturday / Sunday / Holidays
- Brunch: 10:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Dinner: 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- On weekends, meal service is only open to Trinity students, staff and faculty, and those with pre-arranged bookings
Residence 5-day and 7-day plans allow you to enter the servery at any time between open & close. Also available is a 310 plan meal where each swipe into the dining hall count as one of the 310 total meals provided.
- Assorted cereals, protein, toast/bread, yogurt and fruit
- Hot food served (such as eggs, breakfast sandwiches and pancakes) from 8:00 am onwards
- Made to order omelettes served from 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Chefs Table (hot entrees)
- Showtime (made to order items such as healthy sandwiches, wraps or warm salads)
- Trattoria (pre-made pizzas, sandwiches)
- Daily soups
- Wide selection of delicious food items from the salad bar
Newly renovated - The Buttery servery opens on Monday September 11th, 2017!
Located on the main floor of the Gerald Larkin Building (academic building), The Buttery has a lounge area, comfortable eating area and a cafeteria (servery). The Buttery is a popular place to gather for meals, to study and to socialize. The building is wheel-chair accessible.
HOURS OF OPERATION (September to April)
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
The servery accepts payment by: cash, debit, and credit
The Buttery offers a wide variety of healthy and convenient food, snacks and beverages, along with a few of our community's favourite offerings:
- Starbucks to go (This includes Starbucks espresso-based drinks such as lattes, hot chocolate & mochas, Tazo tea and Starbucks drip coffee) NEW
- Burrito and Salad/Rice Bowls bar NEW
- Pizza Pizza
- Soups (homemade)
- On-the-go sandwiches
- On-the-go sushi NEW
- Fruit, snacks, freshly baked pastries
Trinity's Student Food Advisory Committee was formed in 2014-15 to provide broad feedback about food quality, sourcing and variety to College administration.
The Trinity Student Dining Hall Policy is available here.