International Experience

International Experience I

International Experience I (TRN307H) involves one semester, typically in the summer, research experience abroad. Students participate in a research project under the mentorship of a faculty supervisor in the host institution and gain experience of working and living abroad. There are a couple of ways to enroll in TRN307H:

  • Students participating in the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship program will register for TRN307 and receive academic credit for their summer internship placement (grades are based on written work and supervisor evaluation).
  • Students may develop their own international experience, which may be eligible for TRN307H. Students should consult with Trinity’s Dean of Arts about their international opportunity: or 416-978-8454.

International Experience II

As part of International Experience II (TRN308H), students who have engaged in a research project abroad participate in a regular forum in which they present their research projects and discuss their varied experiences of work and social engagement in different foreign environments. Students prepare a detailed scholarly article based on their research. QEII Scholars are expected to register in TRN308H and in the QEII Scholarship Forum on their return in the fall.

For more information, please refer to the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship program for Establishing Right Relations and Immunology.

Questions? Contact:

Office of the Dean of Arts at Trinity College