THE MARGARET MACMILLAN TRINITY ONE PROGRAM
As part of the University of Toronto’s First-Year Foundations Ones programs, the Margaret MacMillan Trinity One program provides first-year students with the opportunity to explore major issues and ideas pertaining to human life and world affairs, while in a small-group environment conducive to deep discussion and interaction.
- First-year students are admitted to one of the six streams based on a supplementary application.
- Each stream consists of two full-year courses (2.0 FCE) and are both taken in the first year.
- The seminar courses have limited enrollment to ensure small class sizes.
- They foster small-group discussion and emphasize the development of critical-thinking, oral-presentation, writing and research skills.
- To learn more about each stream, click the buttons below:
The Advantages of Trinity One:
- Trinity One provides an academically rigorous preparation for the rest of your undergraduate career and is an excellent foundation for future upper level work.
- Trinity One’s interdisciplinary focus provides a firm grounding in, and connections to, a number of undergraduate programs. Students leave the program well positioned to thrive in a range of popular majors, minors and specialists.
- Trinity One includes co-curricular events that draw upon the rich resources of the College, University of Toronto and beyond to provide students with enrichment outside of the classroom.
- Trinity One is connected to a diverse, engaging and motivating undergraduate college community.
- Trinity One has a strong track record of producing alumni that go on to excel in both their academic and professional pursuits.
Fall 2023 Applications
While Round 3 of applications is now closed, there may be seats that become available. Interested students should inquire about submitting an application.
Access the Application Here