Trinity College Annual Book Sale
The Trinity College Friends of the Library hold a spectacular book sale every October in Seeley Hall at Trinity College. Thanks to the many who have donated books to the sale and to our valued customers, the annual revenue in recent years has consistently reached or exceeded $120,000. Funds raised through the Book Sale support many projects and activities of Trinity's John W. Graham Library.
In 2016, we're celebrating our 41st Annual Book Sale!
What can I expect to find at the sale?
Over the course of the year, our dedicated volunteers carefully sort thousands of donated books into 70 academic and popular categories. At the sale you can find cookbooks, art books, musical scores, biographies, children's books, popular and classic literature, travel guides, academic monographs from a variety of disciplines, theology, religion, and many other categories. We also offer a significant selection of rare and unique items, as well as special editions.
Your donations have made our sale a great success over the years. Please see the following FAQ about donating books.
How should I pack my books to donate them?
- Books must be packed in sealed boxes, no larger than 1 cubic foot (LCBO sized boxes) so that our volunteers can safely lift them. Please be sure to seal them well.
How can I drop off a book donation?
- We accept books Tuesdays between 10-3. Go to the East side of the College (facing Queen's Park) and enter the driveway. Drive down the ramp and call 416-978-2522, extension 2006 and someone will open the garage doors for you. Please do not leave boxes outside.
Can I arrange for my book donation to be picked up?
- If you have a donation of books that you are unable to bring to the College, please leave a message for us at 416-978-6750. Depending on the availability of our volunteer drivers, we will try to arrange a pick-up.
What are the guidelines for donations?
We value your donations to our sale, and we greatly appreciate all books that are in saleable condition.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept the following items:
- Magazines or journals
- Musty or moldy items
- Encyclopedias or textbooks that are more than ten years old
- VHS tapes
- Readers Digest condensed books
How do I volunteer for the sale?
Volunteers are needed throughout the year, but more are required to put on the largest book sale on the U of T Campus. A variety of volunteer positions are available depending on your interests and experience.
To contact the Friends of the Library for further information, or if you wish to volunteer at the book sale, please phone 416-978-6750 and leave a message; someone will return your call within a couple of days. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, October 20th to Monday, October 24th, 2016
Location: Seeley Hall (Second Floor) Trinity College, University of Toronto, 6 Hoskin Avenue
Map: Seeley Hall, Trinity College, 6 Hoskin Avenue, Toronto (close to Museum and St. George subway stations).
Public transit directions:
From Museum Subway Station, walk south towards Queen's Park, right (west) around the corner to Hoskin
From St. George Subway Station walk 1 block south to Hoskin, left (east) 1 1/2 blocks
From Wellesley Subway Station, take the 94 West bus which has a stop in front of Trinity
Payment options available: Credit (VISA, MC, AMEX), debit cards, and cash.
Accessibility information: Second floor via stairs. There is no elevator to this floor.