Trinity College Annual Book Sale
The Trinity College Friends of the Library hold a spectacular book sale every October in Seeley Hall at Trinity College. Thanks to the many who have donated books to the sale and to our valued customers, the annual revenue in recent years has consistently reached or exceeded $120,000. Funds raised through the Book Sale support many projects and activities of Trinity's John W. Graham Library.
What can I expect to find at the sale?
Over the course of the year, our dedicated volunteers carefully sort thousands of donated books into 70 academic and popular categories. At the sale you can find cookbooks, art books, musical scores, biographies, children's books, popular and classic literature, travel guides, academic monographs from a variety of disciplines, theology, religion, and many other categories. We also offer a significant selection of rare and unique items, as well as special editions.
Thursday, October 18th to Monday, October 22nd, 2018
Location: Seeley Hall (Second Floor) Trinity College, University of Toronto, 6 Hoskin Avenue
Map: Seeley Hall, Trinity College, 6 Hoskin Avenue, Toronto (close to Museum and St. George subway stations).
Public transit directions:
From Museum Subway Station, walk south towards Queen's Park, right (west) around the corner to Hoskin
From St. George Subway Station walk 1 block south to Hoskin, left (east) 1 1/2 blocks
From Wellesley Subway Station, take the 94 West bus which has a stop in front of Trinity
Dates & Times: TBA.
Payment options available: Credit (VISA, MC, AMEX), debit cards, and cash.
Accessibility information: Second floor via stairs. There is no elevator to this floor.
Guidelines for donations
Your donations have made our sale a great success over the years and we greatly appreciate all books, CDs and DVDs that are in saleable condition. Please see the following FAQ about donating books.
Where do I start?
We accept donations from January to mid-August.
Donations of up to 20 boxes can be dropped off or a pick-up may be possible.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept the following items:
- Musty or moldy books or those with broken bindings or damaged covers; Magazines or journals
- Textbooks more than ten years old; Encyclopedias; Reader’s Digest condensed books; Time/Life series or other subscription series
- VHS or cassette tapes
How do I prepare my donation?
We only accept donations packed in LCBO sized boxes or bankers’ boxes with handles so that our volunteers can safely lift and move them. Books travel best when packed flat. Please be sure that the boxes are in good condition and properly sealed.
Can I drop off a donation?
- Drop offs are accepted on Tuesdays from 10-3 (20 box maximum). Please call 416-978-2522, extension 2006 prior to coming to the College to ensure that volunteers are available to handle your donation.
- On Hoskin Avenue, come to the East side of the main College building (Queen’s Park side). Look for the driveway entrance in the low stone wall (see map below). Enter the driveway (please watch for pedestrians) and drive down the ramp to the garage doors. Call the same number as above (416-978-2522, extension 2006) and we will open the garage door to take your donation.
- Please do not leave boxes outside, or in any other part of the College, as they will not be secure.
Can I arrange for my donation to be picked up?
For donations of up to 20 boxes that you are unable to bring to the College, please leave a message for us at 416-978-6750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving us the number of boxes and your contact information. Depending on the availability of our volunteer drivers and your location, we will try to arrange a pick-up.
What if I have more than 20 boxes?
For donations of more than 20 boxes please contact the Friends at email@example.com, or call 416-978-6750, giving the size of your donation and your contact information.
How do I volunteer for the sale?
Volunteers are needed throughout the year, but more are required to put on the largest book sale on the U of T Campus. A variety of volunteer positions are available depending on your interests and experience.
To contact the Friends of the Library for further information, or if you wish to volunteer at the book sale, please phone 416-978-6750 and leave a message; someone will return your call within a couple of days. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.