The John W. Graham Library offers a number of services to University of Toronto community members including research consultations, faculty research and course support, instruction in research and information-seeking strategies, group study spaces and computer workstations. Click on the menu items on your right to learn more about borrowing services, technology support, and resources for students, faculty and alumni.
- Please use the book drop located to the immediate left of the east-side library entrance to return all Graham Library material or return directly to the Circulation Desk. Material from other libraries should be returned to the location from where it was borrowed.
- Patrons will continue to have access to their library account online.
- Any questions about fulfillment services should be directed to email@example.com.
The Graham Library InfoExpress Service for Trinity and Wycliffe College faculty and graduate students is back at full capacity! If an item is available in a digital format, delivery is possible within 24-hours. Please see below for access to items in the library’s print collection. For more information or to make a request for an item, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference & Research Support
- First-year Trinity College students may continue to contact their personal librarians for consultations via e-mail, online chat, or videoconference.
- Arts students requesting research assistance should contact the Instructional & Reader Services Librarian, Courtney Lundrigan, for consultations via e-mail, online chat, or videoconference.
- Divinity students may consult this Guide to Accessing Electronic Resources in the University of Toronto Libraries.
Access to Print Collection
Curbside Pickup – Non-conjoint TST students, alumni, and extramural card holders only
The John W. Graham Library is providing curbside pickup services to its print collection to non-conjoint TST students, alumni, and extramural card holders. Curbside pickup will be available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Toronto School of Theology students pursuing non-conjoint degrees and patrons with extramural borrowing privileges must submit a request using our online form. Please continue reading for more information.
Please note that this service does not replace InfoExpress. If you use InfoExpress, e-mail the library directly at email@example.com.
Before submitting your request, please note the following restrictions to the curbside pickup service:
- Only books owned by the Graham Library are available at this time. If you are looking for a book owned by a different campus library at U of T, please contact the owning library directly to learn about potential options for access.
- There is a limit of 10 books per pickup. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own bags to transport books home. Bags will not be provided.
- Once a patron is notified that their request has been fulfilled, they will have 2 weeks to retrieve their items from the library (if notified on the 1st of the month, patrons will have until the 14th to pick up). Requested material that is not picked up by the end of the 1 week period will be removed from the account and returned to the shelves.
Curbside Pickup Application Process | Non-conjoint TST Students & Extramural Borrowers
- Submit a request using our online form. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the library as the form will not.
- Within two business days, we will email you to approve your request and confirm your pickup window. When you come to the library, please remember to wear a face mask.
- Come to the east-side door outside the library building. This is the entrance across the driveway from Trinity College, with the interior vestibule. If there is a line to enter the library, please join the queue and you will be admitted in due course.
- Provide your identification to staff to prove your identity with either a TCard or a piece of government issued photo ID.
- The book(s) will already be signed out to you. Once you have your books, please exit either through the west doors or through the east doors.
Any questions about the curbside pickup service can be directed to email@example.com.