Congratulations to the Faculty of Divinity Class of 2018
On May 8, Trinity College held its 2018 Divinity Convocation Ceremony. Conferring Masters and Doctoral degrees, diplomas, licentiates and certificates to 22 graduates, two devoted Trinity alumni were also recognized with honorary degrees at this year's ceremony.
Masters and Doctoral Degrees (awarded conjointly with the University of Toronto):
- Master of Divinity: Jody Lynne Balint, Brittany Lynn Cartwright, Deborah Anne Chapman, Roshni Dilhara Jayawardena, Joshua Gerhard Paetkau (honours), Caroline Natalie Sharp (honours), Bryn Heather Snow, Dwight Thomas
- Master of Theological Studies: Kyu-Hong Cho, Clayton Steven Chrusch, Nathaniel David Dawson, William Peter Graper, Jungwon Hong, Hilary Margaret Hamilton Keachie, Peter Konrad Gottfried Wessel
- Doctor of Theology: Rebecca Ann Spellacy
- Doctor of Ministry: Gordon Raymond Maitland
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology: Andrew Isaac Shepardson
- Diploma in Ministry: Michelle Patricia Jones
- Diploma in Theology: Brittany Lynn Cartwright
- Licentiate in Theology: Jonathan Robert Cowans
- Certificate in Orthodox and Eastern Christian Studies: Constantin Banica
- Certificate in Orthodox and Eastern Christian Studies: Tatiana Samsonova
At the ceremony, The Hon. William C. Graham conferred honorary degrees to Trinity alumni The Rt. Rev. Kevin Robertson and John Goodwin (read their bios).
Trinity alum John Goodwin recieved the honorary degree of Doctor of Sacred Letters (honoris causa), and was presented by C. Ann Wainwright and hooded by Robert Painter.
The Rt. Rev. Kevin Robertson received the honorary degree of Doctor of Divinity (honoris causa), and was presented by The Rev. Canon David Neelands, and hooded by Dean of Divinity The Rev. Prof. Chris Brittain.
The evening also provided an opportunity to recognize the first, second and third year prize-winners and present the Governor General’s Silver Medal for Highest Outstanding Overall to Joshua Gerhard Paetkau.
Congratulations to all of this year's graduates and honorary degree recipients!
Take a look at photos from our 2018 Divinity Convocation Ceremony and read more about our incredible honorary award recipients.